Saturday, August 14, 2010

Finally


I've been in a creative rut. Maybe it was eight years of striving for lofty artistic and creative goals, maybe it's been my childhood imagination slowly slipping away while the real world settles in -- I don't know yet. I'm trying to find out what's missing from my creative scheme. I think the answer has been hiding underneath my own nose. It's in my sketchbooks, it's in my external hard drive, it's on the interwebz.

When did I stop painting and drawing things that I loved without thinking about who would see them? Just creating for the sake of it, letting your brain vomit on a page.

I did that today for the first time in a very long time as a quick study (instead of inside of my sketchbook), and I'm kind of relieved. I might just do this every day.

The look is from Lanvin's fall 2010 collection. The hair is a bit wack. Also, shush, I know I'm obsessed with Lanvin, don't judge me.

No comments: